Putting it all together
Reinforcing and reviewing all the bits we’ve done up to now.
Here’s a handout that I call putting it all together. I’m not sure when the best time is give you this handout, but now seems to be a good time. In the first part, which deals with deciding what sort of models to fit, when you get to step 6 just answer NO and you’ll be good. Otherwise you will probably understand what the answer yes means in a few weeks. The 2nd part is my guidelines for model selection. These are my opinion and a fair facsimile of my usual practice; they should not be taken as absolute rules supported by independent statistical theory.
Optional online help session 10-11, read, watch videos, homework.
- Week 6 Homework due Tuesday at 11:59pm.
Before Wednesday’s class
- Read AED Chapter 20, 21 (application chapters)
- Review AED figures 3.1 and 3.2.
- Watch this video where I attempt to explain Generalized Cross Validation
- Friday’s lab assignment has lots of looking at residual plots. Submit on canvas, midnight Tuesday of Week 7.